In anticipation of this weekend's Barry Roubaix Killer Gravel Road/Ultra CX Race, we sat down with Adam York. Adam finished fourth last year and he'll defninitely be one of the riders to watch this Saturday (March 24th).
11 Vaguely Barry Roubaix-Related Questions
1. What do you know about this Barry Roubaix thing? What exactly are you doing up in balmy semi-northern Michigan on Saturday? Tell us about it.
2. What kind of bike are you riding — cross, road, 29er...and why?
3. Are you gonna win? If not, why not? And who is?
4. Define Ultra CX. Is it just like regular cross, only with more lasers?
7. What super-famous pro cyclist (besides yourself of course), from any discipline, would you like to see come do an Ultra CX race? (Even if it’s only so you can see them suck big time.)
8. If Barry Roubaix were one, big UFC cage fight, who would win?
9. What is your plan of ATTACK?
10. (No Googling on this one) Why is the race called Barry Roubaix? (Even if you know the answer, feel free to make something up involving Barry Manilow, Barry White, Barry Goldwater or all three.)
11. If you had a gun, with two bullets, and you were in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and Garth Prosser, what would you do? (Hint: if you answered anything besides “Shoot Garth Prosser twice” you are WRONG.)